Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas plans

Christmas.... So I just found out/made the decision that I WILL be working on Christmas. YES, people do work on Holidays if you can imagine! Unfortunately/fortunately (depending on how you look at it)  I work in a business that never shuts down. Why you might ask... because  I work inside a person's home!  This isn't the first year that I have worked on Christmas, as I did this once in college while working at the hospital. Figured I could handle it a second time around.

This year is going to be different. My grandma has decided/we decided for her that she won't be able to have Christmas this year at her house. Grandma is battling cancer yet once again and really isn't well enough to cook for all 22 of the grandkids (if I can count right). I'm going to try to go down and see her and gpa sometime shortly after the first of the year.

Last night I had a Christmas Party at my house with friends and family. It was great to get everyone together again! We had a fun time eating, drinking wine and playing the Wii! With that being said... yes I did end up getting a Wii and it turned out to be a good decision! We had a blast last night playing all the different games.. such as cow racing and boxing.  I did NOT grow up with any sort of game system in the house, so this is a new experience for me. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I do like that it IS active. I kind of want to get the Wii fit or Wii active that goes along with it. -- We will see. You would think that I would have pictures to share from last night--- nope-- not a single one. I even had the camera out and everything- totally forgot.  

This should be a short week for most people and even with me working it SHOULD be a more relaxed week at work-- we shall see.  Tomorrow night is the KSU men's basketball game, looking forward to going to that.

Off to bed for me! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas! Enjoy the time together (even though sometimes those family events can get a little crazy) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment